Food technology is a branch of food science that deals with the production processes that make foods.
Food science is the study of the physical, biological, and chemical makeup of food; and the concepts underlying food processing. Food technology is the application of food science to the selection, preservation, processing, packaging, distribution, and use of safe food.
Food Technology is an emerging career field for the science students.
Courses in Food Technology
- Certificate in Food Technology, 2 years
- Diploma in Food Technology, 3 years
- B.Tech. in Food Technology, 4 years
- M. Tech. in Food Engineering and Technology, 2 years
- Ph.D, 3 years
- Students will acquire a combination of theoretical, conceptual, analytical, computational, and experimental knowledge and skills.
- Students will be able to develop and demonstrate the understanding of global environment and relate scientific issues to the broader social, economic, legal, cultural and environmental contexts
- Students will develop and apply understanding to analyze and formulate scientific approach for solving real life problems
- Students will analyze the scientific information and infer the results for successful and productive careers or advance studies/research in the field of Food Science & Technology
- Students will able to compile the skill set to design and develop scientific models and products in the field of Food Science and Technology.
- Students will able to assess and compare the scientific information to enable them to effectively participate and contribute to the society.
- Students will demonstrate professional attitudes, effective communication and behavioral skills that support and enhance individual’s performance.
- Students will develop professional ethics and academic integrity and demonstrate these as an individual/ team member/ leader in diverse teams.
- Students will critically evaluate and reflect learning and development throughout their career in the field of Food Science and Technology.
YES, We can help you in admissions. Contact us.
Our counselors will give FREE counseling.