Give yourself a competitive edge
To get a good job, you must be competitive. Moreover you should have something extra in you like extra talent, extra abilities, extra creativity etc. You should have a competitive edge over others.
Standard Expectations :
- Good Education
- Professional Appearance
- Positive Presence
- Projects or Internship or Training or Experience
- Listen Well: Good listening skills make you more productive, help you get along better with others, and allow you to work better in a team-based environment.
- Know How to Use a Computer, Scanner, Printer, Projector, Phone, Mobile and other office technical productive tools.
- Write Effectively: Very much important to know hoe to write log books, daily reports, performance reports, other reports and communication letters
- Deal With Crises at Work: Anyone can do routine job, only few are good in handling crises. Learn managing crises. This will give you an edge over others.
- Manage Your Time: Assess you work. Assess required time and required resources. Plan and manage it well.
How to gain Competitive Edge:
- Maximize your focus
- Get better at what you do often
- Adapt to changes to make you more effective
- Develop Your Skills
- Join a Professional Association
- Volunteer Organizational and Social works
- Develop Network
- Develop Your Leadership Skills
- Challenge Yourself