A social science education gives you a broad and diverse range of subjects and a wide range of career options.
Known as an Arts Degree in Australia, a Social Science Degree in the US and a Humanities Degree in the UK, you can design your course to suit your own interests. Subjects vary widely – from foreign languages and linguistics, to literature, politics and psychology degrees, as well as creative arts and the media.
If you have an inquiring mind, then a social science education will teach you how to think for yourself. In many subjects, such as philosophy, answers are not just right or wrong. They give you a context for all learning, and for understanding the world we live in.
StudyLink offers you choice from over 10,000 Arts degrees, Humanities and Social Sciences programs and courses worldwide:
- Compare each Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences course that you are interested in
- Quality Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences course descriptions and up to date fees and entry requirements
Which Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences course is right for you?
You can choose an arts course that reflects your interest, or you can think about the area you would like to work in after you graduate – such as journalism, translation or the government. Most bachelor of arts subjects will broaden, not narrow, your career options – employers regard a liberal arts degree highly, as it teaches you to be open-minded and analytical. And you can always learn job-specific skills later.
In the US, a liberal arts college offers a general approach to further education, and social science subjects include economics as well as international relations and political science. In the UK, the wealth of creative arts and cultural funding encourage students to explore cultural studies, history and literature.
Most humanities subjects are theoretical rather than practical – they are ‘thinking’ subjects. If you prefer the ‘doing’, creative side of arts, than you should look into a creative art and design course that can lead to a career as a designer, writer, or artist.
We have selected over 10,000 Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences courses at different levels of cost and reputation for you to apply to online.
- Subjects required – Varies by subject, level and institution – see course descriptions for further details
- Tuition fees – range on average from US$8500 to US$25000+ per year depending on the subject, level and the institution
- English level – from IELTS 6 or TOEFL 550 (paper) 213 (computer) – depending on the subject, level and institution*
*Students with a lower score may still be accepted if they complete an English language course or a foundation year before going on to their chosen degree.
Types of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences course
You can study arts, social science and humanities courses at diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate level. Postgraduate study, such as a Master of Arts or PhD, is highly regarded by specialised employers.
It is increasingly popular to study a joint degree, such as arts/law, arts/science or arts/business. This adds practical, career-focused skills to your diverse arts studies. Many students also add a language to their arts degree, to expand their career and travel opportunities.
Entry requirements vary, but all international applicants from non-English speaking countries will need to prove a certain level of English language ability.
Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences Degree Guides
Political Science Degrees
- We will help you.
- We will analyse strength, weakness, interest, dreams, skills…
- We will help you in selecting course, college, university in India and Abroad.
- We will help in admission process.
- Contact us by email or sms or whatsapp or phone or contact form.